LIVEWORKS 2020 COVID TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You must not complete your purchase unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
COVID-19 SPECIAL TERMS
Performance Space has adopted some special Terms and Conditions in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These special terms are set out below and operate to supplement the Terms and Conditions. If there is any inconsistency between the special terms and the other Terms and Conditions, the special terms apply to the extent of the inconsistency. All other Terms and Conditions continue in full force and effect.
The Venue is Carriageworks or any other venue that is holding a Performance Space event at this time.
- In accordance with health guidelines, Performance Space will require payment transactions to be completed using contactless payment. Cash payments will not be accepted at any time.
What if a member of my party is sick or required to self-isolate?
- You must not attend the event or the Venue if you:
- are required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period) for any reason, including due to:
- being a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- having close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- living in or having been in a high risk area within Australia; or
- having returned from overseas,
- have COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell; or
- have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results).
- You must communicate these requirements to members of your booking party. We ask that you and each member of your booking party make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending the Venue or the event. Please contact us as soon as possible by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you or a member of your party displays any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days before or after the event.
What is the Refund Policy during COVID-19?
- We are offering additional flexibility through our refund policy at this time, given the uncertainties posed by COVID-19 and to encourage you and the members of your booking party to stay at home if you or they are unwell. You be entitled to remedy which may include a refund or exchange (including an exchange for the online version of your event if applicable) in Performance Space’s discretion if, after purchasing your ticket:
- the event is cancelled as a result of COVID-19; or
- you or one or more members of your booking party cannot attend the event for one of the above reasons specified in clause 4.1, subject to:
- you informing us as early as possible, and in any event by 11am on the day of the event (or any earlier time communicated to you at the time of ticket purchase), by emailing us at email@example.com; and
- provision of medical evidence, if we require it.
- Unless required by law, you will not be entitled to a Remedy if you or a member of your booking party attends our Venue or event despite you exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and if you or they are then refused entry or asked to leave the Venue.
What are the Procedures for Entry and Attendance?
- Performance Space has changed its procedures for Venue collection for the time being. No physical tickets will be issued for any event. Tickets will be issued electronically via email and must be presented on your phone or other portable device to gain entry to an event. In order for you and your booking party to be admitted, you may be required to present the order confirmation number, photo identification and valid proof of any concession entitlement/s.
- Performance Space supports the Federal Government’s recommendation regarding the use of the COVID safe App. We encourage you and your booking party to download and use the App when attending our events
- You and each member of your booking party must comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements notified to you by the Performance Space and/or the Venue (including by way of signage at the Venue or by way of line markings on the floor). This includes complying with:
- Hand hygiene requirements;
- Physical distancing requirements (including physical spacing requirements while queuing);
- Person limits for particular spaces and areas;
- Person density; and
- wearing of masks, if required at that time,
You acknowledge that anyone not adhering to these requirements may be in breach of directions issued by the Chief Health Officer for which penalties may apply.
- You are strongly encouraged to wear a mask at any time when visiting the Venue, even if mask-wearing is not a strict requirement.
- Due to physical distancing requirements, tickets to events may, at the time of purchase, not be a reserved allocation. Performance Space or the Venue reserves the right at its sole discretion to allocate seats for you and the members of your booking party prior to or at the time you attend the event.
- You acknowledge that the Venue or Performance Space may be required to collect contact tracing information from you and each member of your booking party when you and they attend the Venue. This includes the name, email address and phone number of each person who attends the Venue including children. You must communicate this requirement to each member of your booking party before they attend.
- You agree to provide us with any information we are required to collect for contact tracing purposes. This may be at time of purchase, after purchase or in the Venue. The purpose of collecting this information is to assist any contact tracing in the event of an outbreak or potential exposure to someone with COVID-19 at the Venue. You acknowledge that we may disclose contact tracing information to health authorities or as otherwise required or authorised by law. You acknowledge that we may retain the information for 28 days (or such longer period as required by law), after which time it will be deleted or destroyed. While we hold the information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your contact tracing information secure and free from unauthorised access or use.
- Without limitation to any other Terms and Conditions, you and your booking party may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue or event if you or they:
- refuse to comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements notified to you by Performance Space or the Venue;
- refuse to comply with any reasonable health and safety directions given by Venue or Performance Space staff;
- refuse to provide contact tracing information to Performance Space or Carriageworks;
- are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, as notified to or as assessed by Venue or Performance Space staff. These include: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell; or
- are required to be in insolation as a result of COVID-19 diagnosis or have been directed to be in quarantine because of close contact with a person with COVID-19.
In these circumstances, Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).