Performance Space are searching for volunteers for Performance Space : Score
Performance Space: Score is a festival of exemplary performances and installations that places emphasis on the body in motion: where dance, movement and music come together. Featuring some of Australia’s leading choreographers, composers, and performers, Performance Space: Score is the ideal destination for lovers of dance and sound-based works. Performance Space: Score will see dancers perform beside bodybuilders, symphonies emerge from metal saws, and multi-sensory experiences emanate from transcendental synths. Volunteers are needed to act as invigilators and interpreters for installation works by Pia van Gelder (NSW) and Kris Verdonck (Belgium). Pia van Gelder will be presenting an immersive interactive installation work Psychic Synth that creates a multi-sensory environment powered by the psychic state of the viewer detected through an EEG headset. New-media pioneer Kris Verdonck will be showing his large-scale screen work GOSSIP that explores the complex relationship between performer, viewer and art object.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A VOLUNTEER:
- Meeting and greeting patrons and answering general enquiries from the public
- Managing the flow of traffic in the installation space and encouraging patrons to engage with the work
- Providing information and helping patrons interpret the work
- Assist the Score production staff with set up and running the performances, as required.
- Facilitating greater interaction between Performance Space and audiences through encouraging participation in social media and providing broader information about the current and upcoming seasons
- Supervising and maintaining the works, ensuring all incidents are reported to Performance Space staff in a timely manner
- Collecting and recording patron data
- Other tasks when required
- Professional training and induction to Performance Space
- Invitation to our Volunteers’ Afternoon Tea with Performance Space staff and artists
- A ticket for you and a friend to a performance during our program
- A letter of recommendation listing your training, tasks and duties while volunteering
You can view the roster here. When you have chosen the dates & times you would like to volunteer, sign up below!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on (02) 8571 9111 or at firstname.lastname@example.org