CALL FOR PROPOSALS
NULA NURA: Indigenous Arts Lab on Cockatoo Island 22 – 31 May 2015
Deadline: Midnight, Sunday, 29 March 2015
Successful applicants will be advised in the beginning of April.
The Nula Nura Indigenous Arts Lab is a new project developed in partnership with the Sydney Harbour Federation Trust. The laboratory will provide a development opportunity for emerging and mid-career Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander visual artists who are ready to conceive of larger scale and visible outcomes for their practice. Artists will be selected to participate in an intensive 10-day residency.
Nula Nura will be facilitated by renowned Aboriginal artists Djon Mundine OAM and Andrea James. Successful participants will be mentored by leading Aboriginal senior artists through conceptual, design and devising processes for installing and presenting site-specific interdisciplinary art on Cockatoo Island. Nula Nura will be an immersive residency that involves camping on the island for the 10-days.
The Lab will take place from 22 May – 31 May 2015 around historically significant sites at Cockatoo Island, Sydney.
PERFORMANCE SPACE/ SYDNEY HARBOUR HERITAGE IS OFFERING:
- A ten-day residency at Cockatoo Island, Sydney Harbour
- All meals, plus accommodation on Cockatoo Island and per diems
- Mentorship sessions and workshops with experienced leading visual artists and curators
- A facilitated 1-day showing open to the general public
- Technical support for the ten days of the residency
- Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (please provide Aboriginality Certificate if possible)
- Currently reside in NSW or be available in Sydney for the residency dates
- Emerging or mid-career arts practitioners
- Participants are required to be available for the full 10 days of the residency
We encourage applications from artists working across the mediums of visual art, photography, painting, sculpture, textiles, digital media, installation, performance and live art etc.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your proposal please call 02 8571 9101 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sonny Dallas Law, Project Coordinator)