WRITING FOR EXPERIMENTAL PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP
SAT 27 OCT, 12 – 4PM
Runway Australian Experimental Art Journal and Performance Space present a workshop hosted by Lauren Carroll Harris and Tai Mitsuji to discuss and practice the art of writing about experimental art. Participants will experience shows in the Liveworks 2018 program before coming together for an intimate workshop session to learn practical strategies and approaches to capture a fluid performance on the static page.
This workshop, facilitated by Lauren Carroll Harris and Tai Mitsuji, will guide you through writing exercises and give you the tools to create pithy, informative and original texts that celebrate interdisciplinary practice and will expand your skills in writing between forms.
To be considered, please submit the following as an EOI:
- A CV
- A short writing sample
- a statement of up to 500 words outlining your interest in this program and the benefit it will have on your practice
Proposals due Sunday 23 September 2018
TRAVEL BURSARY: LIVEWORKS 2018
Runway is offering one travel bursary to support an artist/writer/curator from Regional New South Wales to attend Liveworks 2018 (18 – 28 October) and Writing for Experimental Performance Workshop (Saturday 27 October).
The travel bursary includes:
- financial assistance with travel and accommodation
- $200 writer’s fee for a response to be published on Runway Conversations.
- Access to Writing for Experimental Performance Workshop (Saturday 27 October).
- Mentoring with editors of Runway Conversations
To be considered, please submit:
- A CV
- A visual or writing sample
- a statement of up to 500 words outlining your interest in this program including what elements of the festival you are interested in responding to, and an indication of your proposed mode of response (written content, interview, illustrated, video etc…)
Proposals due Sunday 16 September 2018